So, you want to know the full stack developer skills. On the other hand, businesses too love to hire full stack developers. Moreover, you know, that any trade has its own skills. Therefore, you cannot master the trade unless you master the skills.
Likewise, what skills should you have or develop to become a Full Stack Developer?
First, let’s get clear on who is a Full Stack Developer? As a full stack web developer, you become a programmer skilled in coding both the frontend (front end developer) and the backend parts of a web application.
The frontend: The part of the web application that the user sees and uses.
The backend: Parts of the application that function behind the scenes and execute the commands issued by the user. This usually includes:
- logical processes
- database-related processes
- validation of users and
- server configuration
Therefore, you have to gird yourself with the following skills to successfully achieve developers work.
HTML and CSS are programming languages required to build a website. Furthermore, it is one of the important full stack developer skills. In fact, you add content with HTML and add style to your content with CSS. In particular, knowledge in these popular languages involve few computational tasks like,
- Semantic HTML
- CSS Box Model
- Benefits of CSS preprocessors
- CSS Media Queries and
As a matter of fact, it’s the only language that can run natively in the browser and also double up as a server-side language as well. IN addition, some features to master are,
- Work with DOM and JSON
- Learn different language features such as functional composition, prototypal inheritance, closures, event delegation, scope, higher-order functions
- Asynchronous control flow, promises, and callbacks.
- Learn how to properly structure your code and modularize parts of it.
- Know how to use at least one popular framework
- Understanding jQuery code and
- Knowledge of the testing frameworks
All online programs and boot camps usually focus on a specific back-end language. Moreover, there arises another question. Which back-end language is the best? Actually, it is not which language is important but which one you practice and stick on to in the process of learning the full stack developer skills. Here is the list of those languages,
- Ruby, Python
- Java and
Databases & Web Storage In Full Stack Developer Skill
While building web applications, you’ll probably want to store data somewhere and then access it later. Therefore, it is good for you to understand the following topics related to databases and storage that are vital in gaining full stack developer skills.
- Understand the benefits of relational data
- Learn about NoSQL databases
- Understand which would be better in certain situations
- Know to connect a database with your chosen back-end language (e.g. Node.js + MongoDB).
- Understand the benefits of in-memory data stores like Redis or memcached.
- Web storage to store sessions, cookies, and cached data in the browser.
- Scaling databases, ACID, and ORM.
HTTP & REST
HTTP is a stateless application protocol on the Internet. Consequently, it’s what allows clients to communicate with servers. Accordingly, important topics for you to learn under this are,
- REST and its importance in regards to the HTTP protocol and web applications.
- Best practices for designing a RESTful API.
- Learning to use Chrome DevTools
- SSL Certificates.
- HTTP/2 & SPDY
- WebSockets, Web Workers, and Service Workers
Web Application Architecture As Full Stack Developer Skill
To create complex web applications, you’ll need to know,
- To structure your code
- How to separate your files
- Where to host your large media files
- To structure the data in your database and
- Where to perform certain computational tasks
Further, you can cull out details on the above-mentioned essentials from various online sources by a search from your search engine and web browsers.
Git is a version control system that allows you, working on a team to keep track of all the changes being made to a codebase.
In addition, you should important things related to Git like,
- How to properly get the latest code that you’ve missed,
- Update parts of the code,
- Make fixes, and
- Change other people’s code without breaking things.
Basic Algorithms & Data Structures In Full Stack Developer Skills
As a competent developer, you need to have a prescribed knowledge of algorithms and data structures. Furthermore, huge companies prefer you to have skills in the following,
- Benefits of trees and graphs as data structures.
- Basics of Big-O analysis.
- Know when to use an object vs an array and understand the trade-offs.
- Importance of caching when working with a large amount of data. And also learn the pros and cons of in-memory vs disk storage.
- Know the difference between queues and stacks.
Moreover, from having knowledge about various aspects of full stack development like front end technologies, back end technologies, stack overflow, Java, HTML/CSS, libraries frameworks and tools, HTTP etc you should also develop few self-developing arts like,
- Global thinking
- Good communication skills
- Creativity and passion for innovation
- Time management skills
Newly learning or updating in these skills will make you an achieving Full Stack Developer. Why miss this opportunity to become a Full Stack Developer? Rather, learn Full Stack Development in Chennai from a reputed web designing institute.