Digital Marketing in India is taking over as the mainstream of doing business from traditional media.
On the contrary, business practices in India until 2010 were mainly driven by traditional marketing. Entrepreneurs were simply unwilling to give up the traditional marketing practices.
However, realizing the strengths of digital marketing there took place a change in the course of doing marketing itself. Traditional marketing started extending to digital marketing.
Prospects of career growth in digital marketing also started increasing. The rise in career opportunities in digital marketing has led to the establishment of many digital marketing institutes.
That said if your company doesn’t have a digital presence today, you will be missing out on customers, who will drift away to your competitors.
Companies in India have started to realize that the future of digital marketing in India is no more an optional strategy.
Gradual adoption of digital marketing strategies in companies naturally tends to even increase job opportunities. A boost for you to have a digital marketing career.
Mushrooming startup companies are ready to offer a career in digital marketing for job seekers.
Digital marketing opportunities and a career in digital marketing would be the talk in the years to come. On the other hand, career opportunities in digital marketing is already offered by huge companies in India.
Why is Digital Marketing a Big Deal?
It is expected that by 2020 majority of the companies will have an online presence. And obviously, in line with this, digital marketing is growing at a faster pace. Also, there will be a lot of career opportunities in digital marketing. Digital marketing opportunities also tend to scale up India’s economic expansion.
Digital marketing is gaining prominence for the following reasons,
- It levels the online playing field
- Digital marketing is more cost effective
- Digital marketing increases conversion rates
- It generates better revenue
- It increases interaction with target audiences
- Digital marketing caters to mobile customers, increasing mobilization
- Digital marketing also increases your brand reputation
Business Standard has reported the statement made by the Economic Affairs Secretary of India on the digital economy. He is optimistic that India’s digital economy would reach $1 trillion by 2022.
He also expresses hope that by 2030 Indian digital economy would be half of the total economy. This increases a large scope for your career growth in digital marketing.
Firms involved in online trading will contribute to the percentage of employment growth in India. It is expected that by 2020 digital marketing industry will generate more than 20 lakh jobs in India. This widens the digital marketing job opportunities. This is surely the future of digital marketing in India.
You can take part in the lucrative digital marketing jobs if you develop your digital marketing skills. You are offered different categories of job in digital marketing which would suit your innate and interesting skill sets. This is one of the major advantages of digital marketing.
For instance, if you are interested in writing, you can pursue a job in Content Writing. If you have analytical skills then you can do web analytics. Thus this serves your digital marketing career scope.
Scope of Digital Marketing in India
India is one of the largest countries in the world. It is also one of the largest economies in the world.
Digital is becoming a vital part of the Indian society and economy, be it buying products, designing, information industry, content or in marketing. India is also leading in some of the digital trends. This creates a greater platform for digital marketing in India. And also creates lot of career opportunities in digital marketing.
Internet and Mobile Association of India (IAMAI) predicted that by June 2018 the number of internet users in India will be 500 million. This widens the scope of digital marketing in future.
Further, it also reported that 64.4% of the Indian urban population were using the internet as of December 2017. On the other hand, 20.26% of the rural Indian population had access to the internet as of December 2017.
About 25% to 40% in annual growth of digital marketing in India indicates that lot of businesses rely on digital marketing. 42% of brands in India today opt for social media marketing as their prime digital marketing platform. This increases the scope of digital marketing in India. And also the digital marketing progression.
It is expected that in the years to come 90% of businesses will rely on digital marketing in India. After the UK and USA, India deals with the largest online shopping deals in eCommerce Businesses. This indicates a giant leap in the scope of digital marketing in future.
Wait No More, Enroll with our Digital Marketing Course Today!
Career Opportunities in Digital Marketing
Digital marketing has many job roles. The nature of these job roles are,
- Marketing campaigns designing
- Supplying the right content for an organization
- Engaging people through social media and
- Checking and keeping visitors flow on the website
Moreover, digital marketing roles employs strategies like PPC (Pay-per-Click), Search Engine Optimization (SEO), Search Engine Marketing (SEM) etc.. These strategies ensure traffic to a company’s website and also increase awareness of the company’s products and services.
You can get a job in digital marketing if you have passion and creativity. Some of the prospective careers in digital marketing are,
- Digital Marketing Consultant
- Content Marketing Executive
- Content Writer
- Inbound Marketer
- Social Media Marketing Expert
- Search Engine Marketer
- SEO Executive
- Conversion Rate Optimizer
- Web Analytics Executive
- Email Marketer
Digital Marketing Consultant
A Digital Marketing Consultant takes the pride of the company out to the digital world. It always proves valuable to have digital marketing certifications. Some major roles of the digital marketing consultant are,
- To develop, implement, and manage marketing campaigns. In order to promote the products and services of a company
- To increase brand awareness in the digital space
- To increase website traffic and get leads
- To do essential analytics using web analytics tools
This profile gives you a good career growth in digital marketing.
Content Marketing Executive
A Content Marketing Executive manages blogs, ebook publications, email communications, sales page copywriting etc.. Some specific Content Marketing Executive roles are,
- To create, edit and improve contents that are viewed by the audience.
- To come up with good editorial plans and content marketing strategy in line with business objectives.
- A Content Marketing Executive needs to have a basic understanding of SEO, content development, categorization and structure, distribution and management.
- To optimize on a regular basis in order to drive traffic, engagement, and leads.
- To integrate both content programs and brand campaigns to create demand for the brand
- To increase customer engagement based on their feedbacks.
- To analyze web traffic metrics
There is a good scope of digital marketing in India with this profile as you start from the basics.
The basic role of an Inbound Marketer is to attract traffic and prospects and convert them to customers and leads. Some other general roles are,
- To manage rich contents that attract qualified traffic
- To take care of lead developments and marketing automation
- To create, manage and execute multi-channel marketing campaigns in order to drive customer acquisition.
Inbound marketing is becoming an important aspect of doing digital marketing in India. It is one among the roles that create career opportunities in digital marketing.
The basic role of a Content Writer in a digital marketing realm is to conduct thorough research of industry-related topics. The individual must also generate ideas for new content types, and proofreading articles before publication.
Specific roles of a Content Writer would include,
- Research industry-related topics
- To write clear marketing copy in order to promote products and services
- To proofread and edit blog posts before publication
- To coordinate with marketing and design teams to illustrate articles
- To conduct simple keyword research and use SEO guidelines in order to increase traffic
- To identify customers’ needs and gaps in content and recommend new topics
- To ensure consistency in content, like, uniform style, fonts, images and tone and
- To update website content as and when needed.
Social Media Marketing Expert
A social media marketing expert combines marketing and social media management to make the company’s social media presence more visible. The SMM expert also improves interaction with target audience.
The individual is also responsible for promoting the brand’s engaging content and look for opportunities to increase revenue.
A Social Media Expert should develop knowledge of,
- Social media platforms
- Social Media Marketing Strategies and to
- Optimize content in order to make it more engaging on social media channels
Some of SMM expert’s specific roles are,
- To create social media marketing strategy. And create campaigns through content ideas, budget planning and schedules for implementation
- To promote brand’s products and services on various social media channels
- To build social media strategies and execute it through competitive and audience research
- To optimize social media contents in order to increase company’s social content visibility
- To use all the digital marketing aspects of social media marketing roadmaps in order to achieve audience engagement, website traffic and revenue.
Search Engine Marketer
You as an SEM specialist target the number of leads and clicks from the given marketing budget, manage bids, keyword research, analysis, ad copywriting and test ad campaigns. Your specific roles would include,
- Achieving maximum ROI through paid research campaigns by collecting and analyzing data and also by identifying trends and insights
- You track, report and analyze website analytics and PPC campaigns
- You optimize the landing pages of paid search engine marketing campaigns
- You research and analyze advertising links of your competitors
- You manage the expense and budget of campaigns and estimate monthly costs
- You also do in-depth website analysis
If you desire to have a career in pay per click advertising. Then you can get started with our PPC training course.
SEO Executive (Search Engine Optimizer)
Your role as an SEO Specialist or an SEO Executive is to rank a website page on the search engine result pages in order to increase the website’s traffic.
You have more chances of getting a job as an SEO Executive if you have a degree in digital marketing. To get this job you must have relevant experience and good technical skills.
Some of your specific roles would be,
- To conduct on-site and off-site analysis of clients in various industries
- To cumulate performance reports using Google Analytics
- To be aware of the Google Algorithm updates
- To regularly contribute to your company’s blog for on-page and off-page optimization and
- To conduct keyword research based on latest keyword research strategies
To learn more or enroll with our search engine optimization course, Visit our SEO Training Page.
Conversion Rate Optimizer
As a Conversion Rate Optimizer you are responsible for the conversion rate optimization of a company’s conversion strategy and lead generation.
It is very important digital marketing role. You manage, test and implement conversion points in the digital marketing funnel.
Some of your specific roles would be,
- You do A/B testing, measure the performance of CTAs and consistely improve conversion rates
- To optimize the marketing conversion paths
- To optimize the lead-to-customer conversion rates
- To manage and optimize CTAs, landing pages and lead generation forms
- To collaborate with teams responsible for social media posts, email and blogging in order to optimize the conversion paths
- To increase marketing funnel efficiencies
- To help the sales team by increasing qualified marketing leads and conversion rates
Copywriters develop the words and verbal content that accompany a visual element.
So as to say, they are responsible for generating the words, slogans and audio scripts that accompany advertising visuals.
Your specific role as a Copywriter would involve,
- You discuss client’s core message and target audience
- To brainstorm visual and copy ideas with concerned team members
- To write and present few options to clients
- To modify copy until the client is satisfied and
- Oversee the production phase
Web Analytics Executive
As a Web Analytics Executive, you should have proficiency in market research and analytics.
You should be aware of web analytics tools such as Google Analytics. Your specific job roles would be,
- To analyze a website’s key performance metrics and competitive trending
- To create forecasts using operational and statistical tools and models
- To come up with daily, weekly and monthly reports by directing queries and analyzing databases and logs.
- To make recommendations regarding process improvements and developing performance policies and procedures
Email Marketer (Email Marketing Specialist)
As an Email Marketer, you create email marketing campaigns to promote a product or service. You also determine the target audience, devise campaigns and launch email campaigns to generate leads for business.
You specific job roles would be,
- To create email marketing campaigns in order to promote your products or services
- To ensure that marketing messages are conveyed and delivered clearly
- To develop a personalization strategy
- To include specific graphics, incentives, and detailed descriptions
- To ensure mobile-friendly messages
- To create a database of emails for lead generation
- To follow up interested customers
- To include persuasive “call-to-actions’ in advertisements and promotions
- To place orders for products
- Design and write press releases and
- To use statistical analysis and reports in order to create campaigns
Future of Digital Marketing in India
Statistica.com reports that India will have 511.89 internet users by 2022. This would create excellent opportunities to do digital marketing. Above all, the Digital India campaign is adding fuel to the talk and implementation of digitization. Digital India has given new scope of digital marketing in India.
Moreover, startups create luring job opportunities in the field of digital marketing. Thus opening new avenues in the digital marketing career path. Digital marketing is the most economical way to do conversion-oriented marketing. All of digital marketing tactics can easily quantify with effective digital marketing tools like Google Analytics, Google Website Optimizer, Kissmetrics etc..
The future scope of digital marketing in India is going to be one that is all-encompassing. Because of its ability to offer a broad range of economic, powerful and modern mediums of marketing.
Learn Digital Marketing from Zuan Education
Zuan Education is the most credible and current digital marketing training institute in Chennai. Zuan Education offers career-oriented digital marketing training. It offers an updated syllabus for digital marketing in India.
You are taught all the techniques and tactics of doing digital marketing. This equips you for digital marketing job opportunities. Zuan Education’s training faculty are IT experts engaged in doing active digital marketing. They have over 7 years of experience in doing digital marketing.
Zuan Education provides both classroom and online mode of education. You can opt to join Zuan to equip yourself to be a job-ready digital marketer.