Digital marketing career is skyrocketing like never before! With evolving digitalization and companies trying to expand their online presence. This is the best time to upgrade your digital skills and become a digital marketer.
Digital marketing professionals are liable for the management and implementation of marketing campaigns to promote a company. A marketer plays vital role in companies who improve brand awareness by increasing website and app traffic to acquire potential customers.
Also, a digital marketer helps to find the latest digital advancements and web analytics tools for analyzing the website traffic. This helps to optimize the company’s email marketing campaigns, social media ads, and more.
The Bureau of Labor Statistics reports:
- There will be a job growth rate of approximately 9% for all advertisers, promoters and marketing managers by 2024.
- You can expect 20,000 new jobs in advertising, promoting and marketing management by the year 2024.
How to Become a Successful Digital Marketer?
As the internet is full of informations, becoming a digital marketer is not very difficult in recent years. However, to succeed in the job interview of this stream, you must acquire all the relevant skills to the tasks.
Important Skills Of Digital Marketers
Similarly like any other profession, digital marketers must have few basic skills and requirements. To become a successful digital marketer, below-mentioned are essential:
Analytical & Creative Abilities
Digital marketers also require skills in both analytical and creative thinking. While marketers may focus on one aspect, or concentrate on multiple subjects.
As digital marketers are irresponsible for measurements, right from campaigns to strategies that involve adequate thinking.
Generally, digital marketers must be passionate workers in a team. Being more passionate can sometimes measure or judge the marketing initiatives and theories.
You must understand how to focus on yourself between the work which is important at the moment.
Digital Marketers are responsible for advertising the company’s products or services. Most of the time, you have to learn how to boost a post, which majorly comes under online marketing.
However, online advertising can vary on many factors. If you’re a beginner trying to work in this field, then you must learn everything about it.
This doesn’t require only increasing leads; but a professional digital marketer must have expertise in selling too. Considering these points, companies will always look at how you can sell their brand while hiring you.
Digital marketing is ideal for students who are creative and passionate. Their skills can create a full-proof effective and proven strategy for brands to drive traffic and optimal results.
Here is the detailed career path hierarchy of digital professionals from bottom to top.
1. Digital Marketing Analyst
For fresh college graduates or professionals who don’t have prior marketing experience. The Digital Marketing Analyst role is the ideal way to kick start a career in this industry.
The tasks of entry-level marketing jobs can vary, but analysts must have high competence to perform the basic tasks.
Digital marketing analyst jobs can be challenging, but become easy when you understand the major tasks. You can enhance your soft skills which will be crucial for long-term career development.
Experience required: 0-2 years
Average Salary: Ranging from 12K to 40K per month.
Digital Marketing Analyst Responsibilities:
- Manage digital marketing campaign and company’s website
- Optimize website and social media contents onFacebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, etc.
- Track the website traffic and generate reports.
- Manage networking events and product launches.
- Identify latest digital marketing trends and ensure brand developments.
2. Digital marketing specialist/Expert
The specialists are creative heads who can handle various online marketing tools, like websites, podcasts and blogs.
This position requires you to work with different teams. You have to coordinate marketing, advertising and promotional activities.
Ultimately, digital specialists should be able to promote a company”s products or services to increase sales.
Experience required: 1-3 years
Responsibilities of Digital Marketing specialists
- Design and align digital media campaigns with business goals
- Coordinate with digital content creation (e.g. website, blogs, press releases and podcasts)
- Manage all the digital projects
- Establish online presence to boost brand awareness
- Acts as a strong online company voice via social media
- Monitor ROI and KPIs
3. Digital Marketing Team Lead/ Assistant Manager
The next step in the career path is marketing lead jobs. Team leads are helpful in assisting the Digital Marketing team with all related tasks.
The role of a Digital Marketing team includes administrative tasks, conducting market research, updating databases, and writing content for both business and social media sites.
This job role also includes additional characteristics like leadership, whereas team leads have to execute the marketing strategy by nurturing entry-level employees growth.
Experience required: 3-5 years
Average Salary: 50-65K
Other responsibilities of Digital marketing Team lead:
- Support the Marketing Manager and marketing team with task organization.
- Perform administrative tasks to ensure the functions of marketing activities.
- Conduct market research and analyze marketing surveys.
- Employ online marketing analytics to gather information from all sites.
- Update databases, spreadsheets, and inventory lists.
- Prepare promotional presentations and organize it.
4. Digital Marketing Manager
The major role of digital marketing manager is to empower the company’s brand in digital space. The marketing managers have to focus on the marketing strategies itself.
Once you receive research and reports like market conditions, customer data, and the competitor activities, marketing directors. You can adjust the overall strategy to fulfil business goals.
This goal has to increase buyer intention and potential customers interest in the brand.
Experience Required: 4-5 years
Average Salary: 75-100K
Responsibilities of digital marketing manager:
- Develop, implement, and manage marketing campaigns
- Boost brand awareness in the digital space
- Drive website traffic and generate leads
- Measure website traffic, and evaluate new digital technologies
- Optimize marketing campaigns, email marketing, and social media advertising
5. Digital Marketing Strategist
Digital Marketing strategist job involves a combination of leadership, technical, and business skills. They are required to work across departments in the company.
They bridge any gaps and promote the company’s products and/or services.
With regards to promotional and team-oriented activities, also they act as a spokesperson for digital marketing teams.
Experience Required: 5-8 years
Average Salary: 100-200K
Digital Marketing Strategist Responsibilities:
- Create strategies for web presence and outreach
- Optimize web traffic performance
- Identify new business communities for generating leads
- Analyze latest digital marketing tools and technologies
- Monitor SEO/SEM, marketing to forecast trends
- Work across multiple teams like creative, sales, and marketing
6. The Chief Marketing Officer
The main role of a CMO is to implement the right strategies to convert valuable information. This job profile is considered as one of the most valuable marketing roles in any company. In recent times, these roles are generic like one-size-fits-all backgrounds.
Their responsibilities in areas of marketing includes developing, planning, and executing all marketing initiatives.
The Chief marketing officer reports marketing data to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and holds the responsibility of increasing ROI in the company.
Experience required: 6-10 years & above
Average Salary: 110-300K
- Develop the perfect strategies for effective data analysis
- Define companies metrics and relevant data sources
- Select, and implement analytical solutions.
- Lead and develop a team of data analysts.
- Export reports from multiple sources like IT, operations and customer feedback.
- Present the analytical data to senior management.
Tools used by Digital Marketers
With the latest digital marketing tools available in the marketplace, it’s easy for digital marketers to carry out their optimization well. So, here is a set of different tools used by the majority of marketers in digital space.
SEMrush is one of the versatile tools that marketers use across the globe. It will help to analyse in-depth keyword lists and relevant information regarding keyword difficulties or search engine volume.
- Discover organic competitors
- Conduct backlink analysis
- Analyze competitors’ keywords and ads
- Evaluate competitors’ product listing ads
Keeping the trends revolving around videos in mind, this tool offers a lot of important features. Hence, to create HD, ad-free videos for the target audience, marketers use Vimeo.
- Publish videos online
- Customize the player according to preference
- Advanced analytics to see how videos are performing
- Streamline feedback and gather the team
This is one of the significant tools used by thousands of digital marketers and social media experts. This tool is capable of scheduling your post updates and handling multiple social media pages in one go.
- Schedule social media posts
- Manage social content seamlessly
- Measures social media output
- Prioritize essential conversations
How Certifications help Digital Marketers?
When you have all the relevant information about a field, it becomes easy to continue pursuing it. The same works for digital marketing as well. However, to become a successful digital marketer requires your interest and perseverance.
Ensure to learn digital Marketing course in top institutes where you get a wide range of opportunities to grab a satisfactory paying job.
First, you need to have basic education, let it be a high school pass or a bachelor degree holder. You can apply to a renowned company in digital marketing fields with a bachelor’s degree only.
If you want to build a successful career in Digital Marketing, enroll now at Digital Marketing course in Zuan Education to understand this domain better.
With certifications, you can enter into this stream and gradually develop with experiences. Each company various requirements, gain all the basic requirements to ace the digital marketing job interviews.
However, you can build your portfolio at Zuan Education, we also offer internship opportunities for students that help to understand real time projects.
Digital Marketer Salary Overview
The salary for a digital marketing manager is between INR 4,00,000 to INR 18,00,000 per annum in India. However, the average number is INR 8,09,777 for professionals with 4-7 years of experience in this field.
This amount can vary according to several other factors, such as qualification, certification, location, and the company you work for.
For example, the salary of a digital marketer manager working in Tier 1 cities will get higher compensation than those who work in Tier 2 cities.
Does Digital Marketing have a bright future?
With more brands trying to connect with customers online, the future of digital marketers are quite bright. Several new technologies and trends are evolving in the digital sphere.
With the rise of artificial intelligence, digital personal assistants and social media, digital marketing is steering more than before.
Apart from this, automation is skyrocketing the aspect of digital marketing which needs professionals to operate these tasks.
Keeping this in mind, top companies and medium-scale businesses are ready to pay a good amount to marketers with excellent experience and knowledge.
Then make your standards higher, grab digital marketing certifications and enroll in courses. The digital marketing courses can help you to earn certifications and put forth your profile ahead over competitors.