The demand for data science is huge and umpteen employees, newbies are investing significant time and money to become Data Scientists to get high pay. Are you the one among them? Thought of starting your career in Data Science? But struggling how and where to start? Here are the 10 Best Data Science Certification Courses that boosts your career and will pay off.
Well, as you read you will come to know,
- What is data science
- Why is it important to do a data science certification course?
- What are the 10 best data science certification courses to do in 2020?
- What are the top 5 data science career opportunities you get after doing a data science certification course?
Let’s get started.
What is Data Science?
Data Science, the term became increasingly common. Generally, it is a combination of mathematics, programming, statistics, and design. Using this combination a data scientist can manage any digital data collection.
Technically speaking, Data Science involves algorithm development, data inference, and advanced technology to solve complex problems.
You know today a large number of companies require employees who can effectively analyze data and organize it into business insights. So, as a data scientist, you do research and analyze data to help companies grow by predicting growth, trends, and business insights from a large amount of data.
Therefore, the demand for data scientists is growing exponentially. According to IBM predicts the demand for data scientists will grow by over 25 percent by 2020.
Why It is Important to Do a Data Science Certification Course?
Like many other tech fields, currently, data science is acting like a candidate-driven market. There is a lot of job openings across all industries and employers and hiring managers tend to be very selective about hiring for this data science skills since it is extremely important to the future of their business.
But it is very unpleasant to hear from employers saying there are not enough skilled candidates available to fill the vacancy.
Then, how to get the essential skills? What you can do next?
Solution- Certifications are the quickest way to learn and hone the data science skills and techniques necessary to fill the vacant data science job.
Furthermore, certifications allow students to learn and hone the skills that won’t normally be acquired through work experiences, such as exploratory analysis skills, visualization skills, and data mining/machine learning algorithms.
The following are the 7 essential reasons that enunciate why it is important to do a data science certification course right now.
- There is High demand for analytics professionals
- Gaining data science certification opens huge job opportunities & meet the skill gap
- A door opens to earn high Salary
- Certified Data analysts are top priority in a lot of organizations
- Data science certification paves a way to work flexibly in any sector
- Doing Data Science certification course provides a better practical knowledge
- Undergoing a data science certification course helps a structured learning approach
What are the 10 Best Data Science Certification Courses to Do in 2020?
After extensive research about data science certification courses for students, working professionals, and for anyone who wants to start their career in data science. I have ended up with this list of 10 Best Data Science Certifications, Degree, Course, Tutorial, and Training available Online for 2020.
So why wait? Let’s dig deeper and see what are those top data science certification courses for 2020.
1. IBM Data Science Certification (Coursera)
This is one of the best data science certification courses available online.
This certification course consists of a series of 9 courses that help you to gain skills that are required to work on the projects available in the industry.
By the end of completion of this data science certification course program, you will have multiple assignments and projects to exhibit your skills and enhance your resume.
Highlights of IBM Data Science Certification Course:
– The content in the course was well designed and all the topics are covered.
– With the help of the instructor, you can learn the fundamental techniques along with examples.
– You can implement the skills covered in the lessons using real-world datasets and real-world tools.
– No prior programming knowledge is required to take up this course as all the topics in this course are covered from scratch.
– The class along with other assessments and projects, you can also get tips and techniques to become a data scientist.
Duration: 3 to 5 weeks per course, 2 to 7 hours per week
Rating: 4.6 out of 5
Learn Data Science course online from IBM by signing up here!
2. MIT Data Science and Statistics Certificate (edX)
MIT data science and statistics data science certification course training online will help you strengthen your foundation of data science, statistics, and machine learning.
This certification course consists of a series of 5 courses where you will learn to analyze big data and understand how to make data-driven predictions through statistical inference and probabilistic modeling to extract meaningful data for decision making.
So, once after completion of this data science certification course, you can apply to different job roles including data scientist, data analyst, system analyst and so on.
Highlights of MIT Data Science and Statistics Certification Course:
– Throughout the series of 5 courses, you can strengthen your foundation of data science, statistics, and machine learning
– The Instructors will help you to acquire the best advice, tips, and practices to develop and implement algorithms using the tools.
– To extract meaningful data for making a decision you will learn to analyze big data and make data-driven predictions through statistical inference and probabilistic modeling
– Build machine learning algorithms to make sense of the unstructured data and acquire relevant information.
Duration: 5 courses, 2 to 16 weeks per course
Rating: 4.6 out of 5
Learn the Data Science course online from MIT (edX) by Signing up here!
3. Data Science Online (Berkeley ExecEd)
This is the other popular data science certification course available online to learn essential topics of data science to get benefitted.
This is the Berkeley Executive Education Program consists of eight modules specially designed for mid-level to senior managers and individual contributors who want to take their organization to the next level with the data analysis method.
While taking up this course, you will be in continuous collaboration with the instructor to submit and resolve your queries or any other help related to the course.
Highlights of Data Science Online Certification Course:
– You can be from any corner of the globe but you can connect directly with UC Berkeley Executive Education’s faculty, industry leaders, and peers.
– With the help of Jupyter Notebook, an open-source platform, you can learn how to analyze data sets
– You can access live weekly prep sessions to introduce any technical concepts for the next module with live assignment reviews
– You can also interview with leading industry experts who are driven by data, from top companies, such as Google, Uber, and many more
Duration: 10 weeks, 4-5 hours/week
Rating: 4.6 out of 5
Learn Data Science course from Data Science Online by Signing up here!
4. Applied Data Science with Python Certification (University of Michigan)
The data science certification course program offered by the University of Michigan will help you learn data science through the python programming language.
To learn this data science 5-course program covering Applied Plotting, Charting & Data Representation in Python, Applied Machine Learning in Python, Applied Text Mining in Python and Applied Social Network Analysis you must have basic knowledge of Python.
So that you will be taught about popular python toolkits such as pandas, matplotlib, nltk and networkx among others to make sense of data.
During the course with numerous assignments, assessments, and projects will help you to become a data scientist.
Highlights of Applied Data Science with Python Online Certification Course:
– You can learn the basics of Python programming environment including fundamental programming techniques such as lambda, reading and manipulating CSV files and the NumPy library.
– Gain an introduction to the information visualization basics with a focus on reporting, charting with the help of matplotlib library.
– You can learn how to use Python to get started with machine learning.
– You will come to learn and work on text mining and manipulation basics. Get an idea of how text structure is handled by Python.
Duration: 5 months, 7 hours per week
Rating: 4.5 out of 5
Learn Data Science with Python online course by Signing up here!
5. Professional Certificate in Applied Data Science (Dartmouth College)
This is the data science certification course program to learn all the essential concepts and data science skills.
Along with this course, you will also be able to develop high-demand skills that are required in today’s job market, such as Data Visualization, Machine Learning, Risk Management, and Predictive capabilities.
Once after the successful completion of the course, you will be able to take advantage of new opportunities and face new challenges in the field of Data Science.
Highlights of Professional Certificate in Applied Data Science course:
– You will learn how to create visualizations, build linear and logistic regression models, and apply standard machine learning algorithms
– The expert instructor provides one-on-one career coaching and guidance
– Access regular live webinars, graded assignments, rigorous, and real-world application of knowledge
–You can get help from any mentors to navigate the challenges specific to data science careers in small group sessions
– At the end of the course, you can develop a data science portfolio that can be shared with employers to showcase your skills
Duration: 6 months
Rating: 4.7 out of 5
Learn the Applied Data Science online course by Signing up here!
6. The Data Science Course 2020: Complete Data Science Bootcamp (Udemy)
This data science certification course program is the best resource to start your career in data science.
The data science course 2020 offered by Udemy discusses the topics that are required for you to become a successful data scientist and allows you to get a better grasp of the buzzwords in the realm of data science.
So once after completion of this data science course from data science Bootcamp, you will become proficient in handling real-life challenges and go for more advanced specializations.
Highlights of Data Science Course 2020:
– You get a complete toolbox that is offered to get knowledge in this area.
– You will understand the mathematics behind machine learning.
– You will get the ability to face real-life business cases that will help you to get you the job.
– You will start coding in Python and learn how to use it for statistical analysis.
– Topics covered include intro to data and data science, Python, mathematics, statistics, Tableau, advanced statistics, and machine learning.
– 80 Articles + 129 Downloadable resources + 434 Lectures + Full lifetime access
– Question and answer support and community available.
Duration: 25 hours
Rating: 4.5 out of 5
Learn Data Science course 2020 online by Signing up here!
7. Machine Learning Certification by Stanford University (Coursera)
This data science certification course program is the most in-demand course available online to learn machine learning. The course has been created by three professionals including Andrew Ng, former head of Google Brain and Baidu AI Group along with other professionals of Stanford University
Here you will learn about Supervised learning, Unsupervised learning among other key areas and the course includes multiple case studies and applications to help you learn how to apply algorithms to build smart robots.
Once after completion of this machine learning course, you will acquire the essential skills to become a machine learning engineer.
Highlights of Machine Learning course:
– You will learn to handle large amounts of data from different fields and in multiple formats.
– Among other important topics, you will learn parametric and non-parametric algorithms, clustering, dimensionality reduction
– The instructor provides the best tips, practices, and advice
– You get the opportunity to interact with your peers in a community of like-minded learners from all levels of experience.
– You will learn real-world based case studies and understand how problems can be solved on a daily basis.
– You will learn to apply learning algorithms in the course period to build smart robots, understand the text, audio, and database mining.
Duration: 55 hours
Rating: 4.9 out of 5
Learn the Machine Learning course online offered by Stanford University by signing up here!
8. Data Science Certification from John Hopkins (Coursera)
This certification course program from John Hopkins is the perfect certification course for any individuals who wish to start a career in data science.
It consists of a nine-course program developed and taught by leading professors including Roger D. Peng, Ph.D. Associate Professor, Biostatistics; Brian Caffo, Ph.D. and Jeff Leek, Ph.D. Associate Professor, Biostatistics.
The data science course training will be followed by a Capstone Project, where you will build a data product using real-world data.
Highlights of Data Science Course certification from John Hopkins:
– The certification course can be adopted by anyone with beginner-level experience of Python and regression.
– Here you use R to clean, analyze and visualize data.
– You can navigate throughout the complete data science pipeline starting from data acquisition to publication and hence manage projects using GitHub.
– You are able to learn regression analysis, least squares, and inference using regression models.
Duration: 8 months, 5 hours per week
Rating: 4.5 out of 5
Learn Data Science certification course online by signing up here!
9. Microsoft Data Science Certification Course (edX)
This professional data science program by Microsoft will help you to explore data using Microsoft excel.
The data science course program is broken into 4 major units which further consist of 10 courses.
Once after completion of the right blend of theoretical and practical lessons, you will be followed by a project to help you apply all that you learn during the duration of this course.
Highlights of Microsoft Data Science Course:
– Here you mostly use Microsoft Excel to explore data and Transact-SQL to query a relational database.
– Using R or Python programming language to create and validate ML models with Azure
– The course has interactive lessons and quiz that make the classes intriguing and offer an opportunity to check your knowledge on the topics covered.
– To earn the course completion badge, you should complete the graded assessments and practical lessons
– Along with the quiz, the training course is divided into weekly sections
– In the capstone project implement a Machine learning solution for a given data problem.
Duration: 10 courses + Final Project, 16 to 32 hours per course
Rating: 4.5 out of 5
Learn the Microsoft data science course by Signing up here!
10. Data Science: Deep Learning in Python
This is a free data science course program designed for any aspiring data scientists who want to master their career in deep learning.
In this course, you will learn how deep learning really works and how it can be used on anything.
Moreover, this course is also available with a 30 days free trial, where you learn from your comfort zone without any hidden cost.
Highlights of Free Data Science Course Online:
– You will learn a wide range of topics, such as how to code a neural network from scratch, how to build a neural network from basic building blocks, etc.
– Here you will learn from one of the best instructors of Udemy who has years of experience in providing deep learning coaching to aspirants
– You can get assistance from a team of experts who can help resolve your queries related to the specific course
– you will grasp about various terms related to neural networks like activation, backpropagation, and feedforward
– You will earn a course completion certificate only after the completion of given assignments and data science projects
Duration: 10.5 hours
Rating: 4.6 out of 5
Learn the Data Science course free by Signing up Here!
What are the top 5 data science career opportunities you get after doing a data science certification course?
Below are some of the popular data science job opportunities that you can get after completing the data science certification course.
1. Data Analyst:
It is an entry-level job, here as a data analyst, you will interpret the company or industry data and use it to answer business questions, then share those answers to other teams in the organization to be acted upon.
The Average Salary for a Data Analyst in India as of Feb 2020 is ₹410713/yr.
2. Data Scientist:
As data scientists, you will also perform similar work like data analysts but allowed to predict how a change in marketing strategy could affect your company’s bottom line.
The Average Salary for a Data Scientist in India as of Feb 2020 is ₹1,048,642/yr.
3. Data Engineer:
As a data engineer, you will manage the company’s data infrastructure.
The average salary for a Data Engineer in India is ₹8,87,929/yr.
4. Machine Learning Engineer:
As a Machine Learning Engineer, you will research, design and build deployable products that make use of machine learning.
The average salary for a Machine Learning Engineer in India as of Feb 2020 is ₹816,517/yr.
5. Business Intelligence Analyst:
As a Business analyst, your job is to focus on analyzing the market and business trends of a company.
The average salary for a Business Intelligence Analyst in India as of Feb 2020 is ₹686,156/yr.
I hope you got my list of Best Data Scientist Certification, Tutorial, Courses, Class and Degree available online. From my list, you choose your own data science certification course program to reach heights in your life.
Moreover, with the growth of Data Science, there is a rising demand and institutes to train people in data science.
Significantly, if you are a chennaite, you are all the luckier. Find our Data Science Certification Training. Our Data Science course will help you to understand and analyze data from multiple sources with the help of Industry experts.