You know that Artificial Intelligence (AI) is the buzz word today. So you would like to catch up with the trends in AI. Moreover, you can do so by having a career in artificial intelligence.
Therefore, what all should you do to find yourself in a career in artificial intelligence AI?
With this in mind, your question is answered under 8 important sub-topics. Those are,
- What is Artificial Intelligence (AI)?
- AI’s Disruption in Work Areas
- Difference between AI and Machine Learning (ML)
- What are the Skills Required to Become an AI Engineer?
- A Step-by-Step Guide to Becoming an AI Engineer
- Best Online Courses to Learn AI
- What are the Books to Read on AI?
- Careers and Salary in AI
What is Artificial Intelligence (AI)?
The father of AI is Professor John McCarthy. He defines AI in the following way. “The science and engineering of making intelligent machines, especially intelligent computer programs.”
Specifically, this definition means that AI is a way of making an electronics machine to think intelligently.
AI’s Disruption in Work Areas
AI is finding new use cases in fields like manufacturing, finance, and journalism. Equally important, AI has been a positive source of disruption in the working areas such as companies and offices.
Correspondingly, the positive impacts in work areas are,
- Engaging employees
- Engage remote and on-site employees effectively
- Moreover, provide round the clock assistance and support
- Furthermore, monitor wide performance in real-time
- Smoothen learning and development activities
- Streamline conflict resolution
- Driving organic engagement
- Work culture improvement through behavioral stimuli
- Skill development
- Enhancement in team collaboration efforts
- In like manner, predictive analysis to speed up the intervention process and solve engagement issues in real-time
Difference between AI and Machine Learning (ML)
These two terms are correlated to each other and used interchangeably.
Moreover, to illustrate, AI is like a tree and ML its branches. Furthermore, what makes AI smart? It is the data. And who feeds the data to AI? ML provide data to AI.
What are the Skills Required to Become an AI Engineer?
You need some skills to find a career in artificial intelligence. Therefore, to become an AI engineer you need to have the following skills,
- Natural Language Processing (NLP)
- Machine Learning
- Deep Learning
- Knowledge Representation and Reasoning (KR)
- Programming Languages
- Neural Networks
- Graphic Design
- Robotics and
- Pattern Recognition (PR)
A Step-by-Step Guide to Becoming an AI Engineer
Below points will help you to plunge into a career in artificial intelligence.
Be strong in Mathematics and gain sharpness by solving logical problems. Therefore, Mathematical skills are essential to find success for a career in artificial intelligence.
Give priority to learn Python programming language. Furthermore, most of the industries are working with Python.
Equally important, Python has more machine learning libraries and developer community support. Therefore, Python is the main factor for launching your career in artificial intelligence.
Algorithms tell a machine what to do next in a structured manner. Therefore, some of the machine learning algorithms you have to learn to launch your career in artficial intelligence are,
- Linear Regression and Logistic Regression
- Support vector machine (SVM)
- Random Forest
- Decision Trees
- Gradient Descent
- Naive Bayes
- Dimensionality Reduction Algorithms and
- K-Nearest Neighbours
Data Preprocessing is the process of transforming raw data into an understandable data format. As a matter of fact, knowledge in Data Preprocessing is essential to launch your career in artificial intelligence.
Machine Learning Library
Among the many machine learning libraries available for Python you can choose to learn TensorFlow and sci-kit learn. Moreover, these skills are very essential to launch your career in artificial intelligence.
By now you would have gained knowledge in Python and Machine learning. The next step is Deep Learning. Notably, this is another vital area, to launch your career in artificial intelligence.
With this in mind, you can use TensorFlow and learn Deep Learning through solving neural network problems.
All the above steps followed sequentially will make you an AI Engineer.
On the other hand, you can hone your skills further by doing the following,
- Apply for an internship at a company
- Furthermore, attend AI meetups, conferences, and tech talks
- Join in AI Open Source Community
- Markedly, try Kaggle.
- Another key point, registering for IT institutions in your city that offer courses in AI. And reading their blogs on artificial intelligence trends. If you are put up in Chennai you can learn artificial intelligence course in Chennai from reputed professional institutions.
Eventually, the above 5 points can easily prepare you and make you fit to start a career in artificial intelligence.
Join for a AI job
Now that you are well-groomed in AI you can prepare your resume. Moreover, you can apply for many categories, like, machine learning engineers, data scientists, and research scientists etc..
Best Online Courses to Learn AI
- Machine Learning A-Z: Hands-On Python & R In Data Science
- Python for Data Science and Machine Learning Bootcamp
- Machine Learning
- Artificial Intelligence (AI)
What are the Books to Read on AI?
- Artificial Intelligence: A Modern Approach
- Hands-On Machine Learning with Sci-kit Learn and TensorFlow
- Programming Collective Intelligence: Building Smart Web 2.0 Applications
- Data Science from Scratch: First Principles with Python
Careers and Salary in AI
A career in Artificial Intelligence can be divided into two. Namely, Academic Careers and Professional Careers in the vast field of computer science. They are,
- Software analysts and developers
- Computer scientists and engineers
- Algorithm specialists
- Research scientists and consultants
- Manufacturing and electrical engineers
- Surgical technicians working with robotic tools
- Medical health professionals working with artificial limbs, prosthetics, hearing aids, and vision restoration devices
- Military and aviation electricians working with flight simulators, drones, and ornaments
- Graphic art designers, entertainment producers, textile manufacturers
- Post-secondary professors at technical and trade schools, vocational centers and universities
Some roles in AI for which for you get a decent salary are,
- Software Engineer- INR 512, 043 per annum.
- Senior Software Engineer- INR 700,000 per annum.
- Data Scientist- INR 1,400,000 per annum.
- Software Developer- INR 358,752 per annum.
- Machine Learning Engineer- INR 8,00,000 per annum.
- Solutions Architect- INR 1,700,000 per annum.
- Associate Software Engineer- INR 420,000 per annum
Modern information technologies and the advent of machines powered by artificial intelligence (AI) are strongly influencing the world of work.
Moreover, computers, algorithms, and software simplify everyday tasks. Furthermore, it is impossible to imagine how most of our life could be managed without them.
At this juncture, Artificial Intelligence is said to move forward to be a major source of disruption. Therefore, without any hesitation roll up your sleeves to arm yourself with AI and its skills. And plunge into a promising career in artificial intelligence.
Finally, Make The Machines Think and Think Along With Them! Best of Wishes Techies.