Are you interested in becoming a front end developer and wondering what are the responsibilities you need to upgrade your professional life?
In this article, you will find out the responsibilities of front-end developers and learn more about the skills of this role in the software development process.
Who are front-end developers?
As the name suggests, a front-end developer deals with the creation of front-end interfaces in either software or application and is known as user interface (UI) or user experience (UX).
These interfaces can be a graphical user interface (GUI) for web pages and mobile apps or interfaces for desktop applications.
What should a front end developer know?
It is very essential for the front-end developers to decide what the user needs to see an application of the page regarding aesthetics and how it’s functioning. These interfaces will be sent to the programmers generating UI/UX elements via HTML, jQuery, CSS, and other technologies.
Front end developers must have the experience to develop UI and UX elements using Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe XD, Corel Draw, Sketch, Figma, and other popular platforms for UI/UX designing.
They should understand the basics of web technologies and their functionalities in general.
Top 10 Responsibilities of front end developer
- Coordinate with developers in various new products and features including various interactive designs within the timeframe.
- Develop new business by coordinating with the UE team and design different methodologies and practices for innovative technologies to perform quality assurance and browser compatibility tests.
- Design style sheets and assist web application programmers to implement and script code using different technologies.
- Collaborate with developers to develop customized websites. Prepare documents and translate them into HTML templates with developers and facilitate the new features.
- Develop a website with a wide range of content and utilize web standards tools to prepare scripts for the front end.
- Manage and develop HTML for browsers, CSS framework, and identify the issues and resolve them.
- Get front end templates and work for new products within specifications and designs.
- Coordinate with web developers to perform user integration and processes to prepare an effective user integrated website and troubleshooting loading issues.
- Work as a team and develop schedules for projects and work to provide all technical standards.
- Coordinate to develop solutions for a wide audience. Monitor high-quality control of both designs and website code.
- A degree in Computer Science or related field
- Understand the CSS framework.
- The graphic design applications skills such as, (Adobe Illustrator)
- Understand the principles of SEO better
- Have excellent problem-solving skills
- Communicate with team members and clients
- Have good interpersonal skills
How to Become a Front End Developer?
- Get Informed – Learn articles and books about front end development. Understand the functionality of the website, various coding languages, and learning experience, watch some related YouTube videos.
- Learn the Command Line – You must familiarize yourself with the properties and operating system functions through the text interface.
- Enhance Your Skills – You can learn from tutorials, tools, and open-source resources like freeCodeCamp, Codecademy, Bootstrap, Vue.js, CSS Layout, and Front-end Checklist. These tools are available online and can boost your front end development.
- Take a Course – Join in a front end development course. There’s nothing like learning from experienced mentors from the front end development field. At Zuan Education, we have an expert team of professionals who train front end developers with practical knowledge and hands-on projects. We can proudly say that we are the best at what we do.
Front End Developer Salary by Experience
- Entry-level Front End Developer (Less than 1 year) – INR 305,498
- Early career Front End Developer ( 1 to 4 years) – INR 427,532
- Mid-career Front End Developer (5 to 9 years) – INR 806,231
- Experienced Front End Developer (10 to 19 years) – INR 1,300,000
Company Based Salary
- Tata Consultancy Services – 590k
- Accenture – 610k
- Freshdesk – 695k
- HCL – 675k
- Capgemini – 679k
- Cognizant Technology Services – 579k
Salary based on skills
- CSS. – Rs 487 412
- Angular.Js – Rs 512,769
- jQuery. – Rs 497,985
- Bootstrap – Rs 494,781
The path to becoming a front-end developer is not very difficult, you can definitely become a front-end developer by learning front-end frameworks and programming languages.
Web development is rapidly evolving worldwide, there is a great opportunity for front-end developers, so never stop learning.
Enroll now to the best class front end development training institute in Chennai. Learn from the expert mentors and achieve your desired front end job.